You Are Among The Elite!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Porsche Racing Today

I don't know hot the pic will show, but we are enjoying racing at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, al today. My wife's company has a Kids Pavilion thing with moonwalks and all, and since she basically owns the party side of the business then her weekend is occupied. So we get free passes and hang out.

3 Posts From Readers:

Anonymous said...

Ben and I used to be very active in the SCCA here in Central Alabama, and got to work some of the races at Barber. Indeed a nice facility. We love the Rolex series, but we all end up with asthma when we go outside on red alert days!

Anonymous said...

Is that a Porsche? Looks like a Mustang.

You follow F1 Robert? Man I wish someone would pay up and bring the US Grand Prix back. I'd love to see it in DC, Miami or HOTlanta.

Robert said...

THat is a mustang...good eye. The main races were the Porsches, but some of the other races were others. This is the car that eventually won this race. It was Mustangs, BMWs, and some Porsche 911.

Not such a race fan that I follow it, but I do enjoy it occasionally. At this track there is a deal in the works to bring open wheels. Dannika Patrick and that ype of racing would pack this place worse than it already is!

I am from Alabama. If it doesnt go around in a circle at 200 mph, it ain't racing.

Other Stuff