You Are Among The Elite!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Long Week, Friends

I can't possibly bore you with the details, but two weeks ago I spent more days in Montgomery with my mom. She was diagnosed with something terminal, and had very little time left with us. She went home from the hospital on March 28th. I was there, we got her settled in, and a Hospice nurse was in attendance for the night. I headed home to Birmingham because my son had an 800 am baseball game. We played the game, I came home and made my TSA post.

At about 530 my dad called and said that mom was very ill and he couldn't wake her. The hospice nurse called for an ambulance, and they were going to the hospital. I told dad to call me when they got there, and was debating heading back to Montgomery. An hour later my brother called and said my mom had passed.

So I headed to Montgomery where the family and I spent the last week, and I came home last evening. Mom was buried on Wednesday, and her earthly struggles are over. She had made peace with dying, and was looking forward to seeing the fields of daisies and butterflies, as she was envisioning it the past few days.

I shall return when I have mustered the energy to be motivated about something. All is well here, but as the oldest child I was taking care of dad and all of the visitors and details of the last week. I am just mentally exhausted from the week.

See you soon!

11 Posts From Readers:

Swampcracker said...

Please accept my condolences for your profound loss.

rockync said...

My profound sympathy to you and your family.

rockync said...

My profound sympathy to you and your family.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

God bless you and your family my friend. I extend to you my profound sympathy for the loss of your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Sad to hear, my profound sympathy to all of you. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine the loss of a parent. I think about it almost daily now-a-days, as my own parents creep up there in age.

Thoughts to you and your family. If you like, I'll link a charity in my next post, in her honor for you.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

WARNING - do not click on DUMORO's "here" link. It will attempt to instal a virus scan program on your computer.

Only an idiot would do this on a post that deals with the loss of ones parent.

Robert said...

Ken, only an idiot does it to anyone. I have never understood how someone can get their kicks by making life hard on someone.

I don't know how to prevent those posts...They have registered so they get around the anonymous posting block...

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I can't tell you how much prayer has helped this situation, as they were coming from far more people that I would have believed. If you aren't sure how many people care, you will be reminded in spades when there is a death or a tragedy. I am sure I will have more posts about the life issues that I have encountered/realized during these past nine weeks, so bear with me if I wonder off the topics of politics a bit.

I have so much that I want to talk about politically, but can't get the drive to write. I don't know if it is just mental exhaustion, a grief effect , or something else. I guess I will just ride it out.

I am having so much fun watching Hillary and Obama and Howard Dean...I will make myself post something tomorrow maybe. I will egret not getting in my thoughts as they make asses of themselves....

Anonymous said...

Robert, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I've never lost a parent, and can only imagine the pain you must feel. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to you coming back to the blogging world.

Marie's Two Cents said...

My Sincere Condolences.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Dear Robert,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

She'll always be with you, as my mother is always with me, as is my father.

We never lose them spiritually. They are part of us forever.

You are in my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Shaw

Other Stuff