You Are Among The Elite!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Testing Mobile Blogging

I have a new toy..A BlackBerry Curve. Yes, I have fallen and gotten a "CrackBerry" so I am experimenting.

We shall see...

UPDATE: The above was posted via mobile device. It appeared exactly as other posts and I didn't have to do a single thing. It posted quickly, as I sent it and it was there by the time I reached the mouse and opened Internet Explorer. I thought I would offer some testiony in case you were considering it.

4 Posts From Readers:

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Yes I am considering it, will enter the world of "crackberry" within weeks. Read this post with interest...

Robert said...

Otto, allow me to bore you for a moment. I have had a cell phone for along time. I have never needed anything other than a phone. A couple of years ago when I switched carriers I got a Razr, and used the camera once month or so, and sent a text once in a while to my wife.

Long story that I won't bore you with, but last month my phone broke and I had to get a new one. For Valentine's Day my wife and I wound up buying each other these Blackberry Curves for for gifts. I didn't hurt that they happened to be a promotion in February and we got them for $99 instead of the $349 retail.

So a couple of days later I thought that I needed to take it back and just get a phone. Then I started really looking at this thing and seeing what it could do and I am hooked. I never understood how people got addicted to these things and rushed around reading and texting and such.

It is a great productivity tool, and helps keep me on track for the lifestyles of four kids and two adults with boy scouts, girl scouts, baseball practice, work deadlines, and millions of other things. It really is a big help to me in several ways.

Now I just have to make sure that I don;t become one of those rude, insufferable people who try and have conversations while texting and reading email during a meal...

If you get one let me know and we can exhange numbers and IM each other to death....THere is a cool Blackberry Messenger thing my wife and I use continuously during the day...

Wadical said...

(chuckle) Oh, yeah it works alright. I'm chuckling because I wrote the exact same post nearly two years ago! Now it's gone from a neat little novelty to a downright necessity!

Robert said...

Wad, I a seriously addicted to this thing. I sync it with my Outlook every day, had my entire contact list loaded to is within 2 minutes, sync my calendar, have business cards attached so all I have to do is email them, so many things that this thing can do. I even have the Birmingham Barons - the local MLB farm team - schedule in their contact card. No matter where I am I can know when the next game is!

I know, that sounds like it isn't a big deal...but on the go I can look at scheduled events for my entire family and the baseball schedule at the same time. We go to dozens of games a year and the kids love it...

Anyway, even while riding - NOT driving, I wouldn't do that ;) in the car I can compose a blog post and not have to stay up laye or ignore work to do it.

In fact, I am going to test it again just because I can....lol

Other Stuff