You Are Among The Elite!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Arrest In The Lauren Burk Case

Auburn police announced an arrest in the murder of Auburn University student Lauren Burk. The suspect was arrested following a traffic stop in Phenix City, Al which is about 35 minutes from Auburn at the Alabama/Georgia line.

The task force did some great work, and my congratulations to all the hard working law enforcement personnel who did some fantastic work to bring this case to a conclusion in less than five days. The charge is capital murder, which in this case is murder during an attempted rape, and is a death penalty case. Knowing Alabama juries, this will probably be the result. There is apparently a significant amount of evidence and this suspect was identified less than 12 hours after the murder.

I have the privilege of knowing several of the members of the task force, and have worked with a few of them professionally. They are dedicated and I know they got little sleep while working this case.

I continue to keep the family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

4 Posts From Readers:

Anonymous said...

as will i, robert. good to see they caught the guy..

Anonymous said...

The justice system isn't perfect, but it's good to see it working so well in a case like this. I hope the Eve Carson case will also see a swift resolution. We also have the death penalty here and I'm sure it will apply to this case.

Anonymous said...

Auburn police announced an arrest in the murder of Auburn University student Lauren Burk. The suspect was arrested following a traffic stop in Phenix City, Al which is about 35 minutes from Auburn at the Alabama/Georgia line.

Just stopped by to read your blog and looked at this post.

Phenix City.

Wow. Out of all the possible cities in this country, I see this one.

Weird.

My daughter's in-laws live there.

How weird is that!

Robert said...

Small world, Shaw. Things pop up when we least expect them.

I didn't know that you had folks in Alabama. I knew you had some connection to the state, but I thought it was a friend who graduated from AUburn or something. I am getting old and forgetfull, please forgive me.

I have a couple of friends near Phenix City, when I worked for DHS I had some reponsibilities in Columbus, Ga and traveled there often.

Other Stuff