You Are Among The Elite!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

An Apology, Sort Of

On Sunday, February 4, 2007 I posted the following:

I found this one at The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs who should be arrested, exiled or hanged."

- Abraham Lincoln


I found the quote on another blog, as attributed. It seems as if the quote belongs to a writer who authored the alleged quote, and there was not supposed to be a Lincoln citation. I apologize for the incorrect reference. It was posted in good faith, and is a case of a simple mistake, not one of deceit.

The same person who pointed out the error to me also has taken me to task for my kool-aid drinking, and has attributed my perspective because of republican losses in the Senate. I have no opinion today that I did not have before the elections. I have stated time and time again that I am a conservative who is most represented by the republican party. I point out my disagreements with the GOP, and there are many. However it appears to some that one must disagree in total and not in part. My issues with the GOP are totally separate from my criticisms of the vapid and intellectually dishonest left wing in America. I am always open to debate on the issues, but that should not be construed to mean that I will abandon my principles for the sake of compromise.

For those that read that post with the Lincoln comment, please be assured that I will more closely check my facts before posting quotes in the future.

Until next time...

2 Posts From Readers:

Obob said...

wait you admitted an err? you have proven yourself not to be a member of the MSM

Robert said...

LOL Obob...The difference is that my correction was a post in and of itself, instead of a 6 pt font, 3 sentence ad stuck between ads for "Name A Star After Her" and "Madam Claudia the Psychic" on page 16G.

I don't intentionally post bad facts or misleading info, but the truth is that it happens.

Other Stuff