You Are Among The Elite!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Blue Fridays

I usually do not even read those chain emails that take 20 clicks to get to the message, but a good friend of mine sent one yesterday that was interesting. It is a drive to gain participation, and is something that requires absolutely no effort on the part of anyone to be a part of it. I think I am going to take part, and by sheer circumstance I am wearing blue today. The message follows:


Blue Fridays.
Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing
blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support
our troops used to be called the 'silent majority' We
are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for
God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We
are not organized, boisterous or overbearing.
Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends,
simply want to recognize that the vast majority of
America supports our troops. Our idea of showing
solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and
respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and
every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a
deafening message that ... every red-blooded American
who supports our men and women afar, will wear
something blue.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United
States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a
homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every
one of us who loves this country will share this with
acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will
not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it
will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is
on their side more than ever, certainly more than the
media lets on.
The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can
we do to make things better for you?' is ...'We need
your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word out
and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear
something blue every Friday.


WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

6 Posts From Readers:

Obob said...

I'll give it a try.

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Go ahead and proudly wear blue on a Friday!!!!

The last thing I would want to note is that Americans who support their troops are a 'silent majority'.

Seasons Greetings!

Obob said...

and war eagle, happy new year

Marie's Two Cents said...

I thought we were suppose to wear Red on Friday's to support the Troops?

Oh well I may be lost as usual

Have a safe and Happy New Year My Friend :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL Marie....I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I'll wear both and I'll look like an American flag.....I couldn't go wrong that way! LOL

Robert said...

Thanks Obob! It was a great game! I don't think OSU is going to have the same good game - LSU is tough. But I can't wait to see it, it will be a good game.

Other Stuff