You Are Among The Elite!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It Is A New Year!

I am sure that isn't news to you, but I had to title this something. It has been almost a week since I have posted here, and I have enjoyed my time off. Playing Santa, having a New Year's Eve Auburn Football party, New Year's Day football (Did anyone see Georgia embarass Hawaii last night?) and generally hanging out with the kids.

The Iowa caucus is upon us, but I could really care less. It sets a tone for the rest of the race, but having it this early doesn't tell us much. I still don't know who I should support because Thompson is basically out of it. Maybe something will generate a post about that, but at this point it is just a conversation piece.

I do want to post this. I am sure most of you have seen it, but it was sent by a friend of mine before Christmas and I overlooked it. I just opened it a few minutes ago. While on the subject, I wish all of you a blessed, hally, prosperous, and rewarding 2008!


For My Democrat Friends and Family:
"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends and Family:

Merry Christmas and
a Happy New Year!

7 Posts From Readers:

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

The sarcasm in your Dem letter is great!

BTW Congrats on the Bowl win over My Tigers. You guys wanted it more and the final score reflected that!

Robert said...

I knew that there was someone I needed to harass about the game! The football game was really good, despite the necessity of overtime. Auburn is historically a poor team in overtime, but this year was a bit different.

The spread offense that Auburn installed during the 7 days prior to the game didn't go as planned. Coach Tuberville said in his post-game conference that 25% of the plays someone was lined up inthe wrong place. I think it is a good omen for Auburn for next year, since most of the players you saw Saturday night will be returning.

Clemson looked good, and this game was a good appetizer for the 2009-2010 contract that the two schools just signed.

Obob said...

loved going for it on the fourth.
I bartended New Years Eve, so I got paid to watch and talk football. I love America.

Anonymous said...

Patriots 16-0.

I can't stand it anymore.

Perhaps this agony will end during the playoffs?

Will no one rid me of this angst?

Buon anno a tutti!

Shaw

Robert said...

I have to admit that I have supported the Pats this year since they were about 7-0. I love to see history in the making. It does, however, impact my belief that parity has killed the strength of the NFL.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

My NFL prediction.....Pats 19 - 0 with another Lombardi trophy.

That's going out on a limb....LOL

Swampcracker said...

This is truly heartbreaking:

Andy Olmsted, a bloggist who posted at Obsidian Wings under the moniker G'Kar, was killed yesterday in Iraq.

He was a good and decent man.

Other Stuff