You Are Among The Elite!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Took a Break - Everyone Needs One

I won't bore you with my life story, but a few years ago my wife and I sometimes wondered where grocery money was going to come from. We slaved and slaved to do what had to be done, and to give some extras for our kids. But still, there was more month than paycheck. Not an unfamiliar story, and it isn't like we were poor or anything. Most of American's plight is self earned, and we are no different. If we were in really bad shape we would have ditched the cable and the cell phones....lol.

We never took a vacation for the first 5 years of our marriage. Oh, we went to the beach for a couple of days or went to Six Flags or something, but never a real vacation. So two years ago we decided to take a real vacation. We spent eight days at the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Technically it was 5 days in Orange Beach, and then three days in Gulf Shores, but since one city becomes the next, I will spare you the details.

Anyway, we spent the first 5 days with the kids. It was wonderful. The little ones had fun, and slept in and went down early. Wife and I then took them to Grandma's, and we went back for 3 days with some friends. I left my cell phone mostly off, and the only email we checked was personal emails. NO WORK AT ALL!

This year we haven;t had the luxury. Schedules and stuff-never got around to it. So the last 4 days I have spent at home. I played hooky Friday, and spent the weekend doing stuff with the kids and my wife. I know, I have checked on here and endured BB and BB's harassment, but that is all in fun and isn't really work. I just haven't had it in me to do anythign serious.

Ever have those moments? Forget partisan politics--Ever had those times when you didn't even want to hear your own politics, much less someone else's? THose times when you didn't want to hear the news, or debate, or even anyone's voice except your loved ones? That is what I have been like for 3 days.

So, I will find something to post tomorrow or Tuesday. Don't go away, come back later. I just put my kids to bed, turned on the New England and NYG game, and am relaxing.

By the way, I am more of a college football nut than pro. Auburn is my alma mater, and we rolled last night. Word is that it is our year for the NCAA Championship. May be, but all of those people forget that we play in the SEC. Anything can happen....

1 Posts From Readers:

Ellie said...

this post makes me feel like taking a couple of days off... not like i have much of a family to spend it with, but i need a vacation. badly. even just a few days to sit on the couch and watch tv all day. that would be awesome.

i don't like football but i love the us open. as future said they grunt too much, but i still love watching tennis.

Other Stuff