You Are Among The Elite!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

And In The Left Corner, Wearing The Clown Suit...

Rational. An interesting word that is subject to interpretation. I guess the definition of rational depends upon your perspective. For example, I think it is totally rational for Mexico to support their citizens in fleeing north to the U.S. I don't think it is lawful, but when Mexico is a third world country, one would expect that people would want to do better.

My 16 year old is not rational. From the time she wakes up until she goes to bed, there is some manner of drama or something that makes no sense to me.

In finding something either rational or irrational, it seems that one would relate to the position being posited. I understand the Mexican example, because I have worked my tail off to get to the place I am now on the American Dream ladder. It was just a few years ago that the last minute pack of diapers or the insurance co-pay for a sick child would force me to scrounge for change in my car. I have the drive to succeed and provide extras for my family. So I understand the Mexican who can't wait in line to come to the land of opportunity (I don't condone it and it is bad for the U.S., but I understand it).

So when you look at the statements of public and/or influential figures it sometimes provides some insight to their personal beliefs. So that brings me to the Left Corner and the guy in the clown suit. May I present to you this weeks red nosed, horn tooting, circus following clown:

Mike Wallace, after interviewing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said the following:

"You'll find him an interesting man," the 88-year-old Wallace said. "I expected more of a firebrand. I don't think he has the slightest doubt about how he feels ... about the American administration and the Zionist state. He comes across as more rational than I had expected."

A guy who wants nuclear weapons, a guy who as a Head of State advocate the elimination of a race of people, a guy who set Hezbollah upon their current violence against innocent civilians, believes the guy is rational.

And that is the most irrational thing I have heard this week.

4 Posts From Readers:

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but here is a bit of a news flash. Apparently a terrorist strike in England was just broken up, which involved blowing up airliners.

http://edition.cnn.com/

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/08/10/uk.terror/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4778575.stm

Anyone want to bet that militant Presbyterians were involved?

Very respectfully,

TM

Obob said...

those Presbytarians are a shifty bunch. Imagine had Wallace interviewed Hitler before his misunderstood annexations and final solutions.

Robert said...

Thanks BB..I would like to make this weekly feature, but I can't promise that. I am lucky to post most days, so I won't make a promise that I can't keep. I will promise that when I run across an example from either corner, that I post on it.

Good idea...

TM, this terror plot is amazing. Just one more example of wy negotiation/appeasement/discussions won't work. There is no middle ground with these radicals. Unfortunately, the only way to protect ourselves is to arrange the meeting between them and Allah.

Are you saying that Vacation Bible School is a training ground for Presbyterian children?

Anonymous said...

Off topic Robert, but I think you should include a web site called
Hot Air in your list of websites to read and place on your sidebar.

It was created by Michelle Malkin and has several pundits* who work for her and post commentary. Plus, every M-F, there is a video of Michelle Malkin doing commentary on current issues.

The set up of the site is very good, and allows one to scan and process information very fast.

Give it a look/see and tell me what you think.

*Bryan Preston, Ian Schwartz, and Allahpundit.

Other Stuff