You Are Among The Elite!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Might As Well, He Wants The Government To Feed Your Families Anyway

Image courtesy of FoxNews.com


Obama's new ad encourages everyone to take the day off next Tuesday to work for his campaign. I guess they might as well, since he doesn't plan on the free market being relevant much longer. I wonder what the economic impact of 100 million people calling in to work sick on the same day would be?

And if 100 million people did, where would the tax money come from to bail them out of the hole they dug by not having that income?

I guess that is grounds for another tax on the "rich", and the rich would probably be defined as everyone who didn't take the day off to work on the campaign.

6 Posts From Readers:

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

Most democracies in Europe schedule their elections on a Saturday or Sunday when most people are off from work. Other democracies declare election day as a national holiday so there would be no conflict between work and doing one's civic duty.

America has the poorest voter turnout of any democracy in the world, averaging 60 to 65% when participation in other countries is higher than 80%.

At least some states allow early voting to accommodate as many people as possible.

But this statement ...

I guess that is grounds for another tax on the "rich", and the rich would probably be defined as everyone who didn't take the day off to work on the campaign.

... is utter and complete bullshit. And I thought you were more intelligent than this.

Robert said...

You really need to lighten up.

I belong to the crowd that doesn't want everyone to vote. I wouldn't deny anyone the right, of course, but Saturday elections would mean that many people who have such apathy to the process that they wouldn't vote during the week would cast votes on Saturday. It is sad that so many people are uninformed on issues. I think that half the people who vote now would do us all a favor by staying at home.

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

I belong to the crowd that doesn't want everyone to vote.

Lucky for the rest of us, there are laws to protect us from people like you.

I wouldn't deny anyone the right, of course, but Saturday elections would mean that many people who have such apathy to the process that they wouldn't vote during the week would cast votes on Saturday.

And who are you to make this judgement? Who are you to decide when one votes or who gets the right to vote? By this definition, you would disenfranchise anyone at the drop of a hat for failing to meet any narrow-minded criteria you can think of.

It is sad that so many people are uninformed on issues.

Like you! By this standard, you should not have the right to vote either. What makes you think your opinion or your vote is more worthy than mine or the next person. Do you think you are smarter than me? Or more educated than me? Or more democracy-worthy than me? Or more entitled than me? Obviously you have no concept of equal rights, equal protection, and equal access under Law.

I think that half the people who vote now would do us all a favor by staying at home.

Then do us a favor and stay home yourself. For someone who claims to value liberty and freedom, you have a damn strange concept of what these mean. Or are you one of George Orwell's fat and corrupt pigs who would have our Constitution restated to mean: "Some animals are more equal than others."

Damn, you are even worse than stupid!

Robert said...

I didn't realize there was a legislative battle over changing election day.

I think the polls should be open for anyone that is registered. I also think that if people refuse to be informed on issues, then they should stay at home and not vote.

I think my opinion and my vote carry more value than people who are homeless and get paid to go pull a certain lever. I think the fradulent and criminal activity of ACORN is what damages the election process.

I don't care how one votes; what I care about is people who vote and have no idea about the issues or even care.

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

Robert, I have put up a post at THE SWASH ZONE which asks: Is Robert Eligible to Vote? Please accept our invitation to visit our humble shores and take a voter eligibility test. Fair is fair, don't you think.

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

A new comment at the Swash Zone on the internationalization of scientific research (timestamp: 2:19 PM, November 01, 2008)

(BTW, has Aspergers syndrome been considered?)

Other Stuff