You Are Among The Elite!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Can't Help It - WAR EAGLE!

Alabama has this annoying cheer that they use after a win. It is maddeningly annoying. So we turn it on them with pleasure. The Auburn player #54 is All-American DE Quintin Groves leading the Auburn band.


10 Posts From Readers:

Obob said...

that is damn well funny. Another reason you are so right of the boring nature of professional football. but I did love hearing "Bear Down Chicago Bears" after Sundays win over Denver.

Robert said...

I know that no one cares about my obsession with Auburn football, but I practice my religion and must profess...No one left the stadium for almost an hour, and then headed to Toomer's Corner for the traditional rolling of the trees. I am trying to find a video of the band playing while 25,000 rolls of potty paper was placed into trees....I guess I need to take my own damned camera, huh?

I really don't follow pro ball as you know, but I do know that if Mizzou gets beat this weekend then OSU walks into the BCS championship.

I have wanted an Auburn-Ohio State game for a long time. I probably shouldn't ask for it, because I wanted an Auburn-USC matchup too, and then they came to our house and whipped us...

Do you think OSU can win it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Obob said...

Any team with a spread offense and a hint of speed can beat OSU. I am very much looking foward to this time of year.
If you want a shining example of my hypocrisy:
I am 100% in support of a playoff system. Take the Top 8. But I love the Bowl season for the matchups.

Robert said...

I have always been against a playoff system, but The past 3 or 4 years I have changed. I guess it depends on who's ox is being gored...the 2004 season had three undefeated teams, and my Auburn Tigers were one of them but placed #3 in the final poll. We were shut out of a ntional championship game. I absolutely despise the BCS.

THe alternative to a playoff is a return back to the days of old where there was no BCS, the sportswriters picked the champ, and the bowls were pure and uncommercialized. I miss the Sugar Bowl with the SEC champ contracted. Now it is the Nokia Sugar Bowl and whatever game winds up there in rotation.

Mizzou and OSU might be a good game, even without the spread O.

Obob said...

I do miss the traditional bowls. We used to split cable to run four or five tvs at once on New Year's Day.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

Saw the BCS bowl list last night and this time my friend I cannot wish your Tigers luck since they are playing my Clemson Tigers in the Fiesta Bowl.

This is one Tiger that you will have trouble holding by the tail!

Robert said...

Ken, that should be a good matchup, and an interesting one since I think AU and CU just signed a contract for a few game series beginning in a couple of years. The teams haven't played since about the early 80s, I think.

Auburn doesn't seem to have a great post-game game. This year we didn't have a very good regular season game either.

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

As a Razorbacks fan I am just happy Arkansas gets to go to the Cotton Bowl

Robert said...

I hate to say it but McFadden will be the best player to not win the Heisman. Tebow will win it, and it will be a travesty.

Other Stuff