You Are Among The Elite!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Tigers Almost Did It

LSU 30, Auburn 24

Another great late night game that didn't turn out so well for my Auburn Tigers. This picture is the LSU touchdown pass with :01 on the clock that gave LSU the victory. Auburn ruled he first half, LSU the second.

Under Tommy Tuberville, Auburn is 9-2 when playing top ten teams, and is 14-2 the last 16 SEC road games. The only other top ten team to beat us? LSU in 2005.

Excellent performance by LSU; my hat is off to them. If you watched this game, you know why the SEC is the top conference in the country.

11 Posts From Readers:

Obob said...

sorry

Robert said...

It is alright Obob.

I would love to get OSU on our schedule one year.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

Auburn is a better team than the computer polls give them credit for

Robert said...

Thanks Ken! We made our own be this year with two early losses. Te team was no cohesive early on, and we had 7 starters out with injuries and our starting tailback on academic suspension the first part of the year.

We aren't national championship caliber this year, but have gotten better each week. We had a shot at the SEC title until last night.

But if we go the rest of the way with no losses, we will have beat Alabama and will finish 10-3. Nothing to sneeze at.

Obob said...

I am a Big Ten guy, but it is a jokoe OSU is # 1. They aren't as good as the teams in the top 4 in the SEC (It does pain me to say that) but we need a playoff

Swampcracker said...

(Meanwhile, patient and silent gator awaits)

Robert said...

Eco, the only people not welcome here are gator fans and 'Bama fans. They are equally insipid and lower than whale**** at the bottom of the ocean.

Just kidding. I like SEC fans. And I LOVE ruining Florida seasons...

Swampcracker said...

Robert, i am not exactly a hardcore football afficionado, but my daughter is a Gator grad and i am a loyal Dad.

(Please note: There are trolls making allegations against me, and I'm going to find out who those allegators are.)

Robert said...

Nice word play. I like it.

I am an Auburn man, and have only recently found an animous against Florida. It probably has to do with their talent and success.

Swampcracker said...

In the wild, I think, tigers have a healthy respect for large reptiles. Sobering to note, both are higher up on the food chain than we are.

Robert said...

LOL. A .308 is the great equalizer in the wild. Unfortunately, they are against NCAA rules on Saturdays...

Other Stuff