You Are Among The Elite!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Who Does San Francisco Think They Are?


I am angered and at the same time, confused. The City of San Francisco denied the U.S. Marine Corp's Silent Drill Platoon permission to shoot part of a commercial on California Street in the city. Of course, those who denied it were unavailable for comment, but we all know it is a liberal agenda that is at fault.


For those that don't know and have never seen, do a YouTube or Google search for the Marine Corp Silent Drill Team (or platoon) and you will be amazed. These are real Marines who function in a ceremonial role. It shows the pride and discipline of the Corps. Marines who join the team must practice for an entire year before they are allowed to perform. The performance is a precision 20 minute drill executed by a platoon of Marines without verbal commands. It is the ground Marine's equivilent of a precision air show like performed by the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels. I will honor them, even if an American city chooses not to do so. Let them drown in the blood of better men that they deserve.
Here are three videos. The first is good. The second one is the longest, but the third one is a good, short, two minute close-up of the drill's finale.


9 Posts From Readers:

Dardin Soto said...

... hmmm, I wonder if this falls under the predicate of Federal Law... meaning that any entity or Government agency that accepts Federal funding for anything must allow the military the same access of marketing and self-promotion that they do to anyone else. Colleges and Universities have to abide by it..... why not cities?,...unless of course this fine city by the bay has divested itself of any federal funding whatsover, .... then they have a legal right to deny the fine Marines of said activity.

I can feel your disgust.... I'm with you emotionally,... but I lived in S.F. for many years. The politics of that town are what they are and will probably be that way for a millenia...

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

It shames me to know that I was raised in the SF Bay Area. I though the hippie days were bad. They were calm and collected comapred to the liberal anti-American political climate there today!

Anonymous said...

San Francisco has gone so crazy it's almost beyond help. Thank you for posting the video links. I have never seen that before....it was amazing!

Anonymous said...

If you would like to see pictures and video of the Silent Drill Platoon's current filming tour, go to www.Our.Marines.com. This website will be updated weekly as the platoon travels around the country filming a new USMC commercial. Check it out!

Robert said...

I wish anonymous had a name and profile. I meant to place that link in this post, but forgot to do it. The picture here was obtained from the Our.Marines.com site, and they have generously allowed free use of their graphics.

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Typical of San Fran

Wadical said...

The Irony being, that the Sodom and Gomorrah of our modern age uses the very freedom to refuse access to our Marines that those same Marines and the countless that have come before them have shed so much blood to provide! Unbelievable.

Wadical said...

It seems the San Francisco seems to think they are "entitled" to disrespect a service of honorable men and women because they disagree with the method and policies of their Commander in Chief.

I'm reminded of an iconic speech by the fictitious but no less influential Col. Nathan R Jessup, USMC: "...my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

Hell yeah!

Robert said...

That was the best line of the entire movie. Thanks for reminding me of that, and I think I will base a post on it later.

The Silent Drill Platoon personifies all of those things that the left disregards as nonsense: Discipline, dedication, a work ethic that is unparalleled, pride, honor, and tradition.

I can't count the number of time that I have seen them, both at Marine Corps bases and the Sunset Parade on Tuesday evenings during the summer at the Iwo Jima Memorial. In all of those times, I have never once seen a mis-step or a dropped weapon. These are real Marines hand picked for this duty, and it is one of the greatest honors in the Corps to be selected for this priviledge. If you are ever in D.C., go see them either on Tuesday nights or on Friday nights at the Marine Barracks.

Just a bit of trivia here, when the British burned Washington during the War of 1812, the Marine barracks was left standing out of respect.

Other Stuff