You Are Among The Elite!

Saturday, November 04, 2006



My Auburn Tigers are on a roll, headed into the last 3 games of the season and hopefully a BCS bowl, and if the cards fall right a shot at a national championship. USC and West Virginia lost, and if we win out the rest of the year, then it is a realistic hope.


This week has been absolutely hurricane-like in terms of activity, and I haven't posted in days. So I will give a medley of thoughts for your pleasure or frustration, whichever applies.

First, and the most important, we received the results of my daughter's MRI a couple of days ago. If you don't know what I am talking about, check (last month's?) archives for the posts about my daughter. Another good news/bad news week for us. The good news is that the MRI was completely normal. The bad news is that we still have no reason for her delays. Of course, it could be that there is nothing wrong with her and ina couple of years she will be caught up with her peers and the delays will be something from the past. Maybe God is trying to teach me patience. Either way, the search continues.

Next, I am moving to a new job. Only one or two of you know where I work, but it has been with the Department of Homeland Security. I have been so frustrated with some of the opinions and comments on these blogs because of things I know from my work. It has been maddening that I can't post all of what I know. Not that I am a superspy or anything, don't misunderstand me, but I have done some work in intelligence and operations, and my clearance has given me access to some really neat information. But, after about six weeks of discussion/interviews, and a couple of rounds of offer/counteroffer this past week, I have accepted a positions as Director of Security for a corporate operation. I am enthused and excited because it is getting out of the ridiculous government environment and moving to the real world where real people can make real things happen. Now that I am leaving government, I can offer some opinions about some things that I have made off limits to myself in the past. If the NSA is reading this, I should say now that I am constrained by the law regarding my clearance, and will not reveal anything that I cannot by law reveal...lol. I mean it, I won't give up anything like that--I am more of a patriot than some of them at CIA and the New York Times.

Next, the elections next week. Kerry gaffed, and it will help a little. The GOP has to maintain control, or we are in for a defeat in Iraq, higher taxes (Demo strategist today on Fox admitted that Dems will seek to raise taxes to balance the budget..go figure), and there will be higher gas prices around the corner. Cal Thomas hit it on the mark today when he wrote that conservatives, like me, who are angry with the GOP should vote republican and then continue to try to force the conservative wing of the party to take over again. Force conservative changes from within and not from outside. Good advice..vote GOP, regardless of how you have to hold your breathe to do it.

5 Posts From Readers:

Brooke said...

Good luck with the new job, keep your fingers crossed 'til Wednesday morning, and GOOOOO Bengals! ;)

WomanHonorThyself said...

O yes indeed..Good Luck with the move..perhaps it will be less aggravating!..:)

Brooke said...

Maaaaan, the Bengals just got robbed by the refs AGAIN. >:(

Obob said...

yeah Cal is a voice of reason in the right. He has that wonderfully arrogant opines that are more than often correct. A personal favrite read. Go to realclearpolitics.com for a great and varied selection of op-eds

Robert said...

As always BB, you are very gracious. It is not the one in VA, and I never heard another word about it so either the job went away or my resume did...lol.

The Bengals? I thought they were an all-girl band for the 90s?

Obob, thanks for the reminder about realclearpolitics.com. I had forgotten about that site. Cal Thomas is remarkable well reasoned and articulate. I hope people have listened.

Other Stuff