You Are Among The Elite!

Friday, October 13, 2006

GOOD NEWS! Bad News....

This morning, my 16 year old daughter informed me about a message that was left on our answering system, and it involved a call from a doctor. She didn't tell me about it because she thought it was for my wife. However, she said that the message said that the tests were normal, the chromosomes were normal, and there is no Angelman's Syndrome as previously thought! I don't recall ever in my life crying with such joy....I had been doubting the initial diagnosis, because after reading so much about it the last few weeks, she wasn't exhibiting all of the Angelman symptoms. Many of them, without doubt, but it semed to me that it wasn't exactly right. But, I didn't go to med school. I am glad the doctor was wrong about this one.

The flip side, and the bad news, is that we are still searching for a diagnosis. Perhaps this negative test will lead us in the right direction, and maybe there is something similar that doesn't have such as negative conotations that this one did. This time, however, I am allowing for the possibility that it may be something just as bad, maybe even worse. But for the moment my heart has a reprieve, and I am going with it for now.....

3 Posts From Readers:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding. Good to hear it.

TM

Obob said...

outstanding news and the best of luck

WomanHonorThyself said...

Will keep her in my prayers Robert..hope the news is good!

Other Stuff