You Are Among The Elite!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Supports My Opinion

I have always believed that the Democratic party has one opinion about every issue - Whatever is the opposite of the Republicans. Unless they can raise taxes and create a larger welfare state, the dems cannot do anything except oppose everything. I abhor the lack of statesmanship in our government.


Today on FoxNews, Sen. Dodd was being interviewed about the Lamont/Lieberman race. He supports Lieberman, and made the following statement: "Lieberman is a good democrat; he votes against the Bush Administration 90% of the time."

What is wrong with these people? Why can't a man have a different opinion than Howard Dean? Why is the only way you can be a good democrat is by opposing the President of the United States as often as possible?

I am truly frightened about the Dems taking control of Congress in November. They are so rabid about Bush, and so angry about being out of power for the last 12 years, that they are going to legislate with a vengeance.

I really think that we need to make congress a part time position. The less they are in session, the better our lives will be.

3 Posts From Readers:

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but a couple of days ago I promised you a Marine article. Here it is, a Marine in Ramadi.

Robert said...

Thanks TM, I always welcome those stories.

BB, We do have a convergence of opinion on many issues. In Alabama, the legislature is part time, but normally winds up with at least one special session. Regardless, there is far fewer pieces of legislation that there could be. I am always glad for that.

Ellie said...

as you could have predicted I'm looking forward to the Dems taking control in November. However, I do agree with some of what you're saying. I could rant about this for hours, but I gotta get up early for work tomorrow. :)

In a nutshell, people seem to vote for the lesser of two evils and that's their party. I support the Democrats because I don't like the Republicans and I feel the dems are the lesser of two evils. however, I don't admire the Democrats. I think its more that i'm with the dems on their ideals rather than what they actually do. lately they seem to be sitting around and screaming about how bad bush is, rather than taking some action and doing something about it. the american people seem to have come around on their own, with no coaxing by the dems. I just wish the parties would come back to what they used to be, when they could be friends not bitter enemies across party lines. people should stand up for what they believe in, not what the other party is against and certainly not what the polls tell them they should believe in (my major problem with Hillary, but that's a rant for another day). although I definately don't agree with lieberman, he should be somewhat admired for stepping across party lines and sticking up for what he believes in. (ignoring the cynic in me that is telling me he had other motives.)

I hope that the dems will take some action if they get control of congress. but who knows. they may just continue to scream and the majority will only make their voices louder and more annoying. we can only hope that they actually do their jobs.

Other Stuff