You Are Among The Elite!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Beltway Bastard Saved Me

Ok, someone who knows more about this stuff than I do actually found the problem, I think. Somewhere on my source code was the thing from google, and in that code was a reference to FoxNews being an alternate ad location.

I have combed the template 10 times, and not once found those nine letters in there...A huge thanks to T, and if I can ever help you out, just shout.

I will use the opportunity to say something about politics, if you can believe that. Yesterday on the Sean Hannity (radio) Show, he sponsored the "Hate Hannity Hour." So this guy calls and says that he hates Hannity because Sean is always trying to get people to hate democrats, and that he is the reason that the two parties can't get along and make things good for us. (paraphrased, and I may have even mixed up two calls...I was driving and talking on the cell at the time of some of this..) Anyway, my thought was that "I don't want to get along with the democrats." What I mean by that is there are sides to issues. I have my convictions, opinions, information about things, and I don't want to sacrifice those just to get along. I do believe that most civility and all statesmanship has been removed from politics, and that is shameful. I don't think America needs two wings of one party, which is what would happen if we set aside all of our principles just to play nice.

So, I wake up this morning and there is an email from T over at the Beltway Bastard (linked a the right, please visit regularly) with the solution (I hope) to the redirect problem. A very nice, friendly, non-partisan email. He could have let my blog wither on the vine while I found the solution, but he didn't, and he has increase his stature here for all time. It was a very statesmanlike thing to do. Politics should be more like that. Neither of us will change what/how/why we think about most things, but in the interest of honest, open debate about things that are important, we can act more like that.

Lastly, if you are still being redirected, please use the link at right and email me. I know it is a pain, but if I don't know there is a problem, I can't fix it. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

3 Posts From Readers:

Robert said...

Ok, so maybe I exagerated the civil debate thing, but it was because of my southern upbringing as well. What was the movie that had the thing about how in the South, you can say anything terrible about a person, as long as you add "bless his/her heart?"

So, I am back up and running and glad for it.

I don't care so much for middle of the roaders....if you straddle the yellow line you get run over in both directions.

Ellie said...

"I don't want to get along with the democrats." EXCUSE ME?!

haha j/k. hope you got that thing fixed for good. when I came over I didnt' see any redirect. Someone, I think it was obob, did a very nice post on respect and how respect is a very important part of political debate. People can have different views, but still get along.

I saw your comments over at beltway's about lebanon/israel and I wanted to ask you why you don't see a paradox between the US giving lebanon money and also supporting israel blowing up lebanon.

Anonymous said...

You don't want to get along with Democrats? That's not what you told me last night in bed, you cheating bastard!

^_^

Seriously, because of the heavily weighted conservatism of the government, you may want to get used to that idea as Dems come back to inevitable power. Those in the majority stand to compromise much more than the minority. In short: Welcome to my world for the past 12 years.

Other Stuff